• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question domain domain domain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seandex

New Pleskian
on a brandnew plesk installations,
i added a domain with the same ip
so far only 1 domain and fqdn. NOTHING ELSE.
plesk just driving me crazy on domain related issues
why would a normal linux user must spend minimum a day for this simple issue????
is plesk mainly for windows users? that i would never understand the logic?
why can't I use domains on plesk?
i'm trying to add domain onto the ip but the domain never responds

DOMAIN DOMAIN DOMAIN!!!!!!!

Does this domain have correctly configured DNS? Is this domain resolvable to correct IP address?
I hope this video will help you:

Does this domain have correctly configured DNS? Is this domain resolvable to correct IP address?
I hope this video will help you:

That looks like adding domains,
my situation is this is brandnew installation, and I'm adding one domain onto it.
since plesk cp only responds on IP address. I need to get plesk up responding the domain.
it is external domain server and of course it is pointing to the IP where plesk was installed.
i tried, with plesk dns without plesk dns. it just driving me crazy.

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to #@!#!!@#!@@#!@#@!.com because this website requires a secure connection.

#!@#!@!@##!!@Q#!@#!@@#!.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

#!@%$@#@#$@#$@#$$@@#$@#$!!!!!!!

Do you have the correctly specified hostname of your Plesk server here:

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 13.23.51.png

this is something a regular person who is trying Plesk for the first time, and this appears to be from Plesk's custom coding.
this should be already a "well-known" issue all the time. at least i thought so, so I expected a one-shot answer. if I pull it up.

In fact, all this is configured with the initial onboarding immediately after installing Plesk. If you have already received your Plesk server in this form from your service provider, you should contact him for help with the initial setup.

So, hostname is specified and resolvable to the server IP address, right? When you go to https://hostname.tld:8443 you see the problem with SSL certificate, right?
In this case, you have to secure Plesk with Let'sEncrypt certificate as it is described here Securing Plesk and the Mail Server With SSL/TLS Certificates
I only get the error message if I forcibly change https://123.123.123.123:8443/blablabla/blabla to the https://mydomain.tld:8443/blablabla/blabla
if I purely just enter the domain https://mydomain.tld:8443 it does not responses at all like it does not know the IP address. my domain server correctly set up with the correct A records, but once plesk receives it, it does nothing like there is no IP addresses for it. the worst part is I can't find the /var/log session for the error message. it only shows the log for https://123.123.123.123

Can you give me hostname of your Plesk server? You can send me hostname in PM.

I appreciate you for almost instant helps that no others can offer.
i gotta have the mindset as there is no easy fix for this. anger comes quickly when I thought this would be a easy workaround then expect the thing to be fixed immediately. Since this doesn't seem a known issue, i will just spend time on troubleshooting it and hopefully find within 8 hours or I should move on to another framework.

I had to reinstall Plesk but have to fqdn set up first, so main plesk will be under that domain, otherwise, some will have trouble like me without easy solutions.

however, now I'm facing the permission issue.

plesk bin subscription --update mydomain.com -login admin
An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: System user update is failed: The user admin already exists.

is there a way to make that forcibly under admin? or root w/e within existing shell account so or do I have to set that up without admin or root and then make the user in Linux shell additionally?

You've already moved on to a different approach, but I still want to suggest a solution for the initial post: Your domain was previously in use and configured on HSTS, so the browser knows it and denies connects on plain connections. In that case you would have needed to clear the domain from your browser. Using a browser that did not previously connect to the domainname could have solved that, too.

Are you?

This could be your problem, change your browser.

Hey, Plesk Certified Professional, Hextrator
So you are saying configuring HSTS is my problem? Regardless of HSTS,
let me prove you I'm a normal Linux user, but you definitely not.

Do you want to make a bet?
If I lose, I'm not a normal Linux user, if you lose, put that plesk certified pro badge down, how is that?
You can ignore this and runoff, I don't care.

1. Reproduce the problem, I believe your know-how.
2. Make that happen, then screenshot.
3. or say sorry and apologies.

My bet is you probably know how to reproduce the problem, but you will never get the same browser error message that I had
Because I know more than you know in this situation as a normal Linux user. As I don't believe you are.

Skill requirement for this bet,
1) you must know the existence of free tld providers if they ever exist (I know the answer), or use your own domain.
2) get a free trial of plesk.
3) punch the HSTS on the domain
4) screenshot the expected reproduce from your knowledge that you are wondering how am I supposed to be a normal Linux user, and your professional answer was change the browser.

plesk certified pro
are you?

P.S. I'm anti-Microsoft if your serious answer was change browser.

@seandex I find your response a bit offensive. @Hextrator was trying to point you into the right direction. Noone here expects you to use a browser that you don't like. We have only been saying that once a browser connects to an HSTS website, it will deny connections to an unencrypted version of the same site on future occasions. So if there is an issue with the SSL certificate or the configuration of the server, the browser cannot connect. For that reason it has most likely not connected to your website. The suggestion to use a different browser is only to help you test the issue. Most likely you will find that a browser that had not previously connected to the website will connect to it without SSL or misconfigured SSL while the browser that was previously connecting won't. That's what HSTS is for.

@seandex I find your response a bit offensive. @Hextrator was trying to point you into the right direction. Noone here expects you to use a browser that you don't like. We have only been saying that once a browser connects to an HSTS website, it will deny connections to an unencrypted version of the same site on future occasions. So if there is an issue with the SSL certificate or the configuration of the server, the browser cannot connect. For that reason it has most likely not connected to your website. The suggestion to use a different browser is only to help you test the issue. Most likely you will find that a browser that had not previously connected to the website will connect to it without SSL or misconfigured SSL while the browser that was previously connecting won't. That's what HSTS is for.
There was nothing against you. but Hextrator's response.
P.S. he can continue the betting through PM me.

Back