1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain Email Only Aliasing

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by MerickOWA, May 23, 2008.

1. MerickOWA

MerickOWA Guest

I've got 2 domains in plesk. domain1.com and domain2.com. I'm trying to make it so that i setup email accounts on domain1.com and (me@domain1.com for example) and it automatically being setup for (me@domain2.com) without actually having 2 accounts to have to manage.

By editing the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file and changing the number on domain2.com to match domain1.com, I seem to have accomplished my goal. However this file gets overwritten by plesk when upgrading or runing the mchk tool.

Is there a better way to accomplish this? Or is there a script i could write that would when mchk does to make sure this setting is always maintained?