• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain exist but doesnt/Adding second hard drive

W

wtwolf6

*FIXED* Domain exist but doesnt/*NOT FIXED* Adding second hard drive

For the first part of my question,
I was creating a domain when my plesk installation frooze up. I reloaded the page and was at the domain creation page when i tried to recreate the domain I was told it existed.
I run the domain.exe --remove command and it told me "An error occured during domain removal: Domain "mydomain.com" does not belong to any clients,
I also used the reconfigurator.

Now when I try to create the same domain it tells me
Failed domain creation Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Cant create mail domain service: MailManager->addDomain() failed: Mailmng failed: MEAOPO.Postoffice.AddPostOffice failed for name mydomain.com [mydomain.com]

I have seen a lot of question about this and some folks shoot out an answer but I have tried all I have found relating to this problem and found none of them helpful.

Can some one please help me on this issue.

Now for the second part of my question.
I have a 200 gig hd that the os and plesk is installed on and have a second 200 gb hd that is installed and working on the system but has nothing on it. Now I want to use the first and second hard drives as space for websites. How would i go about doing this? I dont want to use it as a back up but as more website space.

How would I go about getting plesk to use a second hard drive as well as the first for my sites?

Any suggestions?

Since no one has any idea how to fix this.
I have uipdates and no there is not a fix yet

Now i have 2 subdomains that dont exists either.

I found the main problem was failure of com services related to the RPC services. It was a few patches I had not known about till I did some diggin at microsoft.

Befor this issue was fixed with the RPC service and the COM service I had 2 subdomains that was being created and failed at the com function. Problem is now the subdomains still exists same with the domain and nothing suggested on this foprum works trust me. I have been online here for longer then 4 days going through all the fixes suggested.

Upon attempted removal it tells me failed to stop domain service.

As for the first issue with the domain it still tells me it exists but when i use the domain --remove command it tells me domain is not associated with a user. but it wont let me create it in plesk s it says domain exists. The domain doesnt exist in iis, nor does it exists in any of the virtual or back up folder in plesk.

As for removing it from the plesk database I* can not access it through phpmyadmin in the control panel nor a mysql script i installed. The database doesnt exists in normal site mysql.

How can i access the plesk psa database to remove the url (domain name)?

on windows 7.5.6 and i tried to update to 7.6 but i got erros and it screwed the current install up to where it would not work.

Thank god for back ups although a back up didnt work for the domain or subdomains.

ok here is an update i fixed problems with my domain this way.

First I went to http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/index.html
A lot of reading goes a long way

open up a command prompt on your server,
Go to your plesk bin folder by typing
cd\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\
now run the command
mysql -uadmin -ppassword -P8306
(should be your admin and pass for the plesk log in interface 169.63.59.26:8443)
so if you use admin and dog as your user id and pass for plesk it would look like
mysql -uadmin -pdog -P8306

now your command prompt should look like
mysql>
type \r psa
This will select the plesk database

Should show something like
Connection id: 1196
Current Database: psa

now type
SELECT * FROM dns_recs

NOW THIS IS WHAT I DID BUT I DONT PROMISE THIS WILL WORK FOR YOU

I found the domain plesk was saying existed. and wrote down the id of the domain i needed to create

the id for the domain that was telling me existed was 242

I typed
DELETE FROM dns_recs WHERE 242;

then I created the domain in plesk it let me and run the reconfigurator, and restarted the server everything is working like it should the domain name worked and everything else is fine hope this answers some of the questions, again though this is a noob trying to help other noobs.

now as for the second hard drive havent firgured that out yet

Back