• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Domain resolves correctly but PING loss of all packets

Christopher-James

Basic Pleskian
Hi

Im in the process of moving our websites to a new server space, both are running PLESK Obsidian, linux CentOS7

The only issue i'm having is that when i ping the domains that have so far been moved over i get complete packet loss but the domains resolve correctly and and DNS checkers are all showing correct IP's.

New server security and firewall are identical to the old server. What could be causing the packet loss?

Thanks

Hi,

Is it a virtual server from a cloud provider? Does it have something like a cloud firewall that may block ICMP packets (=ping)?
As an example, Lightsail blocks it: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=887070
Hi
Yes were moving from a dedicated to VPS, just looked and yes there is a firewall so added the ICMP to the firewall. All PINGing now. Still have a 25% loss though. Thanks for the point in the right direction.
Cheers

Back