• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DomainKey-Signature seems ok but no DomainKey-Status

NaSOnWeb

Basic Pleskian
hi to all, and sorry for my english ...

I'm on
OS Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
Parallels Panel 11.5.30

I'm trying to implement a DomainKey-Signature with plesk and DNS OVH (ovh is an host who manage my dns)
so I enabled all the stuff in plesk
I copied both generated in the DNS zones from my plesk
to ovh TXT DNS entries (I have not put my Dedicated server as name server on ovh)

Code:
_domainkey.domain.com TXT = o ~
default._domainkey.domain.com TXT p = MIGfM ... QAB;

I send me an email on gmail and the headers looks like

Code:
DomainKey-Signature: a = rsa-sha1; q = dns; c = nofws;
   s = default; d = domain.com;
   = b = the_super_long_key;
   h=Received:Received:Date:Return-Path:To:From:Reply-to:Subject:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-Mailer:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

but none DomainKey-Status to tell me if this is ok or not.
So, many questions
- Do I forgot something?
- how to check if my domain key is 1024 bits length (it seems google only accept 1024 bit keys) ?

second thing...
I use one plesk user with many domain. but I see a domain key generated only in default user domain DNS... nothing on DNS of others websites i manage on my plesk with this user account ... is this normal ? how to generate keys for others domains ?

thanks a lot for any help !

ps: for info http://kb.parallels.com/en/6039
but it is not my case because I did not activate my checking SPF server (if I understand)

I find these guys helpful when testing DKIM, DomainKeys and SPF.
Just send an email to

[email protected]

And some others...

http://www.openspf.org/Tools.

You need to set up DomainKeys for each domain under mail settings.

"Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages"

I hope that helps

Kind regards

Lloyd

hi, thanks for your reply !
this email check-auth is realy helpful ...

but i do not find for each domain "Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages"

where is that in plesk ?

I have enabled a global setting in
server management > tools & settings > Mail settings for the entire server
Allow signing outgoing emails

and enabled a setting in my custommer account (or subscription zone...sorry i try to translate from french interface - see attached file) (where are all my domains declared)
Home> subscriptions> defaultdomain.com > emails
Use protection system DomainKeys spam to sign outgoing mails

but i don't know where activate this param for another domain ...

dns_domainkey.jpg

Each domain needs to be it's own subscription for that, you look to have created domains under one subscription?

When they have their own subscription you'll have access to mail settings for each domain, like you do the "defaultdomain".

Or if you want all three domains pointed at the default one then create aliases which will sync the DNS to the main domain.

I hope that helps

Kind regards

Lloyd

thanks...
but i manage a very special case.
all my domains are hosted on the same folder on my server. I just switch datas function of the domain name with php ...

so in this case the question is, why can i create many domains for one subscription and not set up the mail config ? :'(
is there a way even through ssh ?

Could I copy the "defaultdomain.com" key on others domaine dns settings ?

thanks a lot for your help

I figured there was probably a good reason :)

Yeah you would have thought it would create domainkeys for the other domains too.
Maybe I'm wrong, can you shed any light on the subject Igor? (hopefully he'll be along soon)

Have a read of this thread there are some commands for signing mail, but I've never used them

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?310671-Domain-Keys-Problem-amp-server-health-extension

so I've no idea if they'll help.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Kind regards

Lloyd

is already great as assistance.
thank you very much. maybe others will have other information.
thank you

Back