• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Don't see MS SQL in Plesk?

P

Pauli

MS SQL is installed on the server but I don't see it in Plesk under the database button - only MySQL. I have a company that built and manages the server and they said that they installed it it in the correct order - sql then plesk.

No one seems to know why it isn't showing up.

Any suggestions?

Oh yeah and did I mention that I can't get web mail to work or even logon through Frontpage because of permission problems which I know are good.

It looks like a great product - if it worked.

BTW it's a win2003 box.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If I understand well, I think you are mistaken.

Thats what I recently learned: Plesk installs a MSDE ("de" stands for desktop edition), somekind of standalone runtime of MS with no administration. From plesk you create databases and database users, then you must use a 3rd party tool for managing tables and so.

The availabilty of MS at plesk depends on the license. No matter if MS is installed prior to plesk, if you don't buy the aditional pack (99$), Plesk does not allow you to use MS.

This post may help you:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12757

For frontpage permissions, contact plesk support. It worked for me.

MSDE is used if you don't have the full version - I have the full version which includes enterprise manager.

I shouldn't have any problems, I am using enterprise packages which cost a lot of $$$

Thanks for the feedback

i just got a Dedicated server with plesk (no SQL support) then i installed SQL server 2000 Standard and asked my server provider to install SQL support in plesk.

it worked for a couple hours and then stopped. while it was working i was able to create 1 database and was able to go into enterprise manager and see that there were 2 instances of SQL server (Local and the named instance that i installed) the local install must have been MSDE - the local was the one that my databse was created in.

at this point i realized that the plesk SQL support pack must have installed MSDE, but i want plesk to use the SQL server standard, not MDSE.

so.... i uninstalled my named instance of SQL server and then with the SQL Server install program, upgraded MSDE to SQL server 2000 standard.

thats when plesk stopped working with the database.

and enterprise manager woudl nto open the local instance either.

so my quetions are:

1) how do i fix plesk so it interacts with SQL correctly?
2) what is the proper way to make plesk work with SQL Server 2000 Standard instead of MSDE.

Back