• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue dovecot settings NOT displayed

larryk

Regular Pleskian
OS ‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #18, last updated on Mar 7, 2017 03:24 AM

not sure if this is a bug or not?

HERE: Home =>Tools & Settings => Server-Wide Mail Settings

If you use Dovecot, you can specify the following limits:

• MISSING = Maximum number of connections (IMAP, POP3, IMAP over SSL/TLS, or POP3 over SSL/TLS).This represents the maximum number of mail users that can be logged in at the same time.
  • MISSING = Maximum number of connections for a user per IP address. This represents the maximum number of connections via the same protocol that a mail user can establish from one IP address.
These settings correspond to the Dovecot configuration parameters process_limit and mail_max_userip_connections.

Last edited:
Hi larryk,

with my screenshot, you can see, that both desired settings are present, while we use "postfix" and "dovecot" on the server:

Plesk-Onyx_Server-wide-Mail-settings.png

thanks UFHH01...

:( its been a long, long 24 hours trying to track some various issues. **** --> i'm ussing "Courier-IMAP" :(
sorry about that!!

so i have a related question now:

I have atomicorp ASL installed... and I get a zillion "Dovecot Authentication Success." events... as NOW you know why I thought I had dovecot installed?
or at least using it..

SO if I don't have dovecot running? why is ASL saying Dovecot Authentication Success.?

does plesk install dovecot, courirer-image at first and then you pick one?
I'm a little confused now

THANKS

Hi larryk,

I have atomicorp ASL installed... and I get a zillion "Dovecot Authentication Success." events... as NOW you know why I thought I had dovecot installed?
or at least using it..

SO if I don't have dovecot running? why is ASL saying Dovecot Authentication Success.?
For answers to such questions, I would suggest a corresponding thread at: => http://forums.atomicorp.com/viewforum.php?f=3

does plesk install dovecot, courirer-image at first and then you pick one?
I'm a little confused now
:eek: ... ehm.. sorry... Plesk installs corresponding Plesk - components based on your installed software on your server. If you choosed just standarts, without manual adjustments, while using the Plesk - autoinstaller, then courier-imap would have been choosen, yes. If you adjusted the choice of the Plesk components during your initial Plesk - autoinstaller - process, to use dovecot, then dovecot and it's corresponding components would have been installed.

Back