• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Dovecot Shared Folder (ACL)

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to implement the Shared Folder feature that Dovecot offers. I'd like to ask if anyone has any experience with this feature and if it is possible to implement using Plesk and most importantly if it can be implemented for particular domains. I understand that since you have ACLs that the access is managed, but how would that impact other users?

My implementation trials have been done on Plesk Obsidian since it's the latest version but I wouldn't mind implementing it on an older version.

The point I'm currently stuck is doveadm, since there has to be a configuration file which grabs information from a database table. Not sure if I have to create the table or with the appropriate query I could retrieve from the existing psa table.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions and thoughts.

I am also interested in knowing a little more about how to set up the ACL plugin for dovecot in a Plesk environment. When I enable the plugin, I then get the following error when trying to run doveadm acl commands:
Code:
Error: auth-master: userdb list: User listing returned failure
doveadm: Error: Failed to iterate through some users
How should I plug ACL into the plesk user database? Is it necessary to add an sql table?

Which exactly command do you try to run?
The `static` driver which is used by userdb does not support iterating over users. The `plesk` driver used by passdb doesn't provide it as well. So if you try to invoke `doveadm <command> -A ...` it will fail with message you've provided.

Back