• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

drweb.exe false positive ID as virus

WSecure

Basic Pleskian
hi all, thanks for reading!

yesterday I was searching for a anti-virus tool that works on windows server 2008 and installed Ikarus virus.utilities.
It seems it was a good choice to do so, because pctools etc didn't found anything.

however today I login to the box and voila, drweb is a trojan!

I recommend that everyone who uses drweb does a scan on it...

regards

btw: the box is freshly installed since two days, no one has access to it but me, everyone else is blocked from several firewalls!
comodo does find a virus too and here is the jotti.org result!

http://virusscan.jotti.org/de/scanresult/b78a85002740db8b30c5aa0d6e80cecd4f37558e

Attachments

• drweb-trojan.jpg
    drweb-trojan.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
I tried now to update drweb to see if the file comes infected from the update, but drwebupw.exe is so clever, that it doesn't reload the drweb.exe even tho I told the updater to update ALL and not just the virus definitions...

so... I can't say currently where this virus comes from, sry!

would be good, if others upload their drweb exe to jotti and scan it please, so we know if its only me, or a major problem, thx!

regards

I would hope so too..
but do you have the exe yourself and could you check if it is a false positive, or do you just smell something?

regards

DrWeb is a virus scanning tool. It is extremely common for virus scanning tools to falsely identify each other (when scanning one another) as containing virus signatures (because, of course, they scan for them).

Back