• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Duplicate (copying) existing website config

topkat2

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 20
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi, I really struggle to find something on the subject. I have to configure 6 "websites" that nearly have the same configuration. I'll be glad that it exists a functionality to copy existing website and change only the few settings that differ.

How can I handle that please ?

I have tried migration plugin, but it allow only migration from external server, I tried modifying save file with no success;

Could you point me to the right direction please ?

Have you tried the website importer?

Thanks, will it copy all site setup ? Not only files ?

Also I have an error when I try to import:
Failed

Scanning for content

Unable to migrate the website: failed to execute commands with the web RPC agent.

Possible reasons:
1. PHP is disabled for the source site.
Make sure that PHP is enabled and operational on the source website.
2. PHP version is less than 5.2.
Upgrade PHP to version >= 5.2 to migrate the website.
3. There are rewrite rules in effect (e.g. mod_rewrite configured with the .htaccess file) making the web RPC agent inaccessible.
Temporarily disable the rewrite rules to migrate the website.

I don't use PHP since is a nodeJs project.

Any clues ?

hello @topkat2 ,

what is the differences between your sites?
I mean what kind of tuning you've made for them ?

if you're talking about changes like memory limits, ssl settings, and othe hosting params - probably it would be enough to create service appropriate plan
with all changes you needed and create future subscriptions based on this service plan ?

Hi, here is the list of settings I need to copy:
  • nodeJs app settings
  • git deploy actions and settings
  • hosting params (root folder)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by service plan ?

There is the Website Copying option, which effectively allows you to clone a domain to another domain. I am not sure however if this will also copy all NodeJS configuration. I assume it does, but you'll have to test/try that your self.

don't think it will work.
website copying copy only files. but TS needs that domain settings be copied.

Back