• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Duplicates in apt

thinkingcap

Basic Pleskian
I have plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list and plesk-ext-site-import.list which are identical, which one should remain?

They are for different Plesk extensions:

plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list for Plesk Migrator extension
plesk-ext-site-import.list for Site Import extension

They are for different Plesk extensions

But they have identical sources listed and `apt` produces warnings on an update. Is it safe to delete one of it? If so, which one?

Code:
# cat plesk-ext-site-import.list
deb [arch=amd64] http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PMM_0.1.11 xenial all
Code:
# cat plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list
deb [arch=amd64] http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PMM_0.1.11 xenial all

Code:
Reading package lists...
W: Target Packages (all/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Packages (all/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-de) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Packages (all/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Packages (all/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-de) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1

I see the same on my test Plesk server:

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list
deb [arch=amd64] Index of /PMM_0.1.11 xenial all

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list
deb [arch=amd64] Index of /PMM_0.1.11 xenial all

and I reproduced these warnings. As it just warnings but not errors, you can ignore them, I think.

Sorry, but some kind of warnings can occur by design.

Sorry, but some kind of warnings can occur by design.

@IgorG,

Actually, that should be deemed "bad design".

In essence, the "double" entries can also be removed by setting up a number of dependencies for one of the two packages.

I really suggest that Plesk Team removes the "double" entries and creates proper dependencies.

After all, there now is (a) the inconvenience of (void) warnings and (b) the potential danger of issues with (double and) conflicting package updates.

I hope that you and/or Plesk Team can have a look at this (very minor) issue soon.

Kind regards!

Code:
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1

here also,

Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS

Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.27 Update #1

Por lo que veo sigue igual:

Debian 11.4

Plesk Obsidian
Versión 18.0.46 Actualización #1

Visita: 1 Index of /debian-security bullseye-security InRelease
Hit:2 Index of /PMM_0.1.11 diana InRelease
Hit:3 Index of /pool/PSA_18.0.46_9656 diana InRelease
Hit:4 Index of /debian bullseye InRelease
Hit:5 Index of /debian bullseye-updates InRelease
Hit:6 Index of /PHP74_17 diana InRelease
Hit:7 Index of /PHP80_17 diana InRelease
Hit: 8 Index of /kernelcare-debian/10/ estable InRelease
Leyendo listas de paquetes... Listo
W: Los paquetes de destino (all/binary-amd64/Packages) se configuran varias veces en /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 y /etc/apt/sources.list. d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Los paquetes de destino (all/binary-all/Packages) se configuran varias veces en /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 y /etc/apt/sources.list. d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-en_US) se configura varias veces en /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 y /etc/apt/sources.list. d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-en) se configura varias veces en /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 y /etc/apt/sources.list. d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Los paquetes de destino (all/binary-amd64/Packages) se configuran varias veces en /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 y /etc/apt/sources.list. d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Los paquetes de destino (all/binary-all/Packages) se configuran varias veces en /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 y /etc/apt/sources.list. d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-en_US) se configura varias veces en /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 y /etc/apt/sources.list. d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1
W: Target Translations (all/i18n/Translation-en) se configura varias veces en /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-panel-migrator.list:1 y /etc/apt/sources.list. d/plesk-ext-site-import.list:1

Back