• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

e-mail problem (HELP!!)

S

starving_artist

I have looked in the forums and have not been able to find a answer that works, so hopefully someone can help...here it goes.

I am not able to send/recieve email. Everything seems set up correctly. I will give all the info I think will help.

1.When I send an email in plesk/horde I get this message:

"There was an error sending your message: unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25"

2.When I do a dns report I get this message:

"Connect to mail servers ERROR: I could not complete a connection to any of your mailservers!

mail.scottthornton.com: Timed out [Last data sent: [Did not connect]]

If this is a timeout problem, note that the DNS report only waits about 40 seconds for responses, so your mail may work fine in this case but you will need to use testing tools specifically designed for such situations. "

3. in outlook express i get this error message when I try to send / recieve mail (i'm not worried about setting up outlook, I just thought this message might help me fix the problem)

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'mail.scottthornton.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

4. here are my dns settings for the server

<domain>. NS ns1.scottthornton.com.
<domain>. NS ns2.scottthornton.com.
<domain>. A <ip>
<domain>. MX (10) mail.<domain>.
<ip> / 24 PTR <domain>.
ftp.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.
mail.<domain>. A <ip>
webmail.<domain>. A <ip>

5. here are the dns settings for the domain that is the name server and main domain of my server. the email address is also @thisdomain

mydomain.com. NS ns1.mydomain.com.
mydomain.com. NS ns2.mydomain.com.
mydomain.com. A 01.01.01.01
webmail.mydomain.com. A 01.01.01.01
mail.mydomain.com. A 01.01.01.01
ns1.mydomain.com. A 01.01.01.01
ns2.mydomain.com. A 01.01.01.01
ftp.mydomain.com. CNAME mydomain.com.
www.mydomain.com. CNAME mydomain.com.
mydomain.com. MX (10) mail.mydomain.com.
01.01.01.01 / 24 PTR mydomain.com.

im buggin out over this...any body have any clue whats wrong

thanks in advance

first my port 25 doesnt seem to be blocked, here are the settings under plesk, and it says its enabled

Mail server - input - Accept tcp any any any 25

ok...i think i may have figured out what the problem may be.

when i look under services it shows that qmail is set to "off"

when i try to restart it or just start it, it doesnt come back on

it still says that qmail is off....wtf?

anybody have ideas?

thanks in advance

Back