• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue E-mails end up as deferred

occinodo

Basic Pleskian
Users are reporting that e-mail is not arriving in their mailbox, I am seeing the following error in the logging:
Delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while receiving the initial server greeting)

I see a huge list in the mail queue in Plesk, the mailserver is running, the only change that has taken place is that Magicspam was removed an Plesk e-mail security was installed.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction?
I checked [BUG] Unable to receive e-mails with Dovecot: Error: userdb lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed: Permission denied but apparmor is not installed on the server

I tried to uninstall Plesk e-mail security, now e-mails that are sent are coming through, however e-mails in the queue are not being processed, even when I use postqueue -f
postqueue -q shows the error Mail transport unavailable.

Last edited:
Hi Monthy, thanks for your quick response, I fired plesk sbin mchk --without-spam but the issue still persists, no errors are showing when executing the command.
plesk sbin mchk --without-spam
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_kav8_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_imap_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dmarc_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... not found, skipped
==> Checking for: mail_outgoing_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_transport_restore... ok

So try this:
Code:
# plesk repair mail

If this doesn't help, please post some more lines from your mail log

Hi Monthy, I shared the maillog with you in PM, I will redact the part that is relevant for future usage.

Hi Occionodo,

have you used Greylisting in the past?

Please run this command via SSH:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/grey_listing -u -status off

If you still have an issue, then please uninstall Plesk Email Security completely and install it anew (thus the configuration files are written again).

Cheers
Viktor

Monty checked the logs, his finding is that the following error is the cause :
warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service pickup(public/pickup): Connection refused
@Monty mail_version = 3.4.8

I executed
/usr/local/psa/bin/grey_listing -u -status off
And then
postqueue -f
However nothing happens, I already removed Plesk Email security earlier, I would prefer to leave it uninstalled as it only caused me trouble, if you feel it might fix the issue please let me know, I will reinstall it.

I just chatted with Plesk support, they suggested to enable greylisting, then I ran postqueue -f and all e-mails were flowing in, thanks for all the great help anyway!

I just chatted with Plesk support, they suggested to enable greylisting, then I ran postqueue -f and all e-mails were flowing in, thanks for all the great help anyway!

Great! Now you can reinstall Plesk Email Security and test it again. In the latest version, we've added a workaround for the Greylisting handling. This issue shouldn't occur again.

Cheers

It depends what issue you mean. ClamAV is not easy to set up, so if you run into a problem, you have to ask our Support Team to help you. In general, ClamAV needs a lot of memory, so you should only consider installing it with at least 2 GB (but >= 4 GB are highly recommended). Most issues we had so far has been related to memory limits.

Back