• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Email Address Problem

S

StefW

Email-Address won't work

CPU: AuthenticAMD, Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2352
Version: Parallels Plesk Panel v10.2.0_build1011110331.11 os_CentOS 5
PHP: 5.3.3

Hi there.
I just got a new Linux Server with a clean and new installed Plesk Version 10.2
I did set up a three domains with email-addresses, which I moved from my old server a few days ago.

For some reason, some of the email-addresses (and also email-aliases) don't work at all. I'm not able to send an email to it and also won't receive anything, but others work fine.

When I try to send a test email from another email-address belonging to a domain on my old server (the same those three domains used to be on), I can't send the email off at all. It just doesn't work using my mail program and I get an error message 'Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator'.
(This email-program is set up correct, btw, as it works with all other addresses i send emails to)

When I tried to send the same test email from a gmail account to the same address, I was able to send without any problem, but, the email never received at the other end at the new server.

That's how I set up the new server:

Domain 01:

domain: www.domain01.com
email-address: [email protected]
email-alias: [email protected]

None of those two email-addresses work.

--

Domain 02:

domain: www.domain02.com

Both email-addresses work fine with no problem at all.

--

Domain 03:

domain: www.domain03.com

One email-address works, the other one doesn't.

How can that be possible?
All email-addresses are set up the same way. I tried to delete them and set them up new, but that didn't help.

Could you PLEASE let me know a solution for this problem? It would be very much appreciated as I really need to use those email addresses urgently.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
Back