1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email Aliases - possible to forward to outside domain?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Groo, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Groo

Groo Guest

I can do this with ease in Ensim - but - I'm at a loss as to how to do this in Plesk.

Say I host 123.com and I want info@123.com to also send a copy of all incoming messages to xxx@gmail.com as well - can I do that?

2. Blackbit@

Blackbit@ Guest

Easily

You can configure a foreign address for each box, next to the physical mailbox. No problem at all. Just go to the setup of the box, click on "Redirect", and enter the address. So every incoming mail will be sent to that adress also.

3. Groo

Groo Guest

I'm confused.

'Redirect' makes it sound like ALL incoming mail to info@123.com will instead be redirected to xxx@gmail.com - and the info@123.com account will not see that message.

Since you can add multiple email addresses (internal/external) to 'Mail Group' I think that is what I'm looking for.

Anyone?

4. Blackbit@

Blackbit@ Guest

A redirect delivers the mail to both. The redirect on a box is an addition.

Mailgroup is a feature to redirect copies to several recicpients like this:

hotline@domain.com has the following members:

"admins@domain.com",
    "developers@domain.com",
    "emerge-domain@mac.com".

So any incoming mail on hotline@domain.com will also be sent to these 3 accounts, also the remote box from mac.com. hotline then normally has no box.

So we should explain those possibilities:

Alias: receives mails on one certain box, with several names. e.g. "info@domain.com" has alias "sales". The box receives mails sent to info@domain.com and sales@domain.com

Redirect with box: deliver to the mailbox and deliver to the redirect-address, dont matter if the target is remote or not

Redirect with no box: Just deliver to another address, doesn't matter if it is local or remote

Mailgroup: delivers to all mentioned adresses, doesn't matter they are local or remote

Groups: delivers to several Mailgroups

Autoresponder: automatically answers an incoming mail with a prepared mail and delivers to the box