• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

EMail Logins are not working after a disaster Recovery

Evilmachine

Basic Pleskian
TOday i had to restore a whole Server using this kb

http://kb.parallels.com/en/112699

Everything works fine except a few things.

One thing is that the email passwords are not properly working (they are not the same as before).

So i got the following errors for example:

Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-imaps: Connection, ip=[::ffff:109.44.3.98]
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: received auth request, service=imap, authtype=login
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: authpsa: trying this module
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: authpsa: authentication request with service='imap' authtype='login' authdata='[email protected].'
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: authpsa: auth_psa_common(user='[email protected]', pass='Blabliblupp')
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: authpsa: password for '[email protected]' is plain ')3^......./.I.3.'
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: authpsa: password for account '[email protected]' is wrong
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: authpsa: sysusername=popuser, sysuserid=110, sysgroupid=31, homedir=<null>, address=<null>, fullname=<null>, maildir=<null>, quota=<null>, options=<null>
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: authpsa: clearpasswd=<null>, passwd=<null>
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-authdaemon: authpsa: TEMPFAIL - no more modules will be tried
Sep 9 22:29:21 genf199 courier-imaps: LOGIN FAILED, method=PLAIN, ip=[::ffff:109.44.3.98]

As you can see the password in plain is not the same as before.

So what can i do?

If step 13 fails as quoted by Nikolay above, then a password reset from your control panel would be the left option ...

Am sorry I am confused! I thought you said it worked ...So the passwords are not working?

Have the passwords failed even with my recommendation above? Ie, manually reseting the respective mailbox passwords from your plesk control panel ...That is the only option you have left and usually works ..

Yeah that is working for the ones i can acess.

But at some subscriptions i got the apsc access denied error from the other thread.

Yes there's ..See command below for details

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --help

Back