• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Email notifications Plesk panel sends out won't deliver to my yahoo account.

Kwasi

New Pleskian
Just installed Plesk Onyx on a new windows VPS.

The email notifications Plesk sends out when any activity like creating a new domain etc with the Panel sorta don't get delivered to my yahoo account.

I did receive a "bounce/undeliverable" notice in my yahoo spam folder just now, and it looks like I'm trying to email myself from my own email account by way of the Plesk/Mailenable? mail server?

I'm thinking that's the problem and when that happens I get a "bounce/undeliverable" notification in my yahoo account which goes into the spam folder.

So..... in a weird round about way I am getting those email notices, but what should I be doing so that they get sent to my yahoo email properly?

This is the email I just got regarding the undeliverable:
================
MailEnable: Message could not be delivered to some recipients.
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Recipient: [SMTP:rich#####k##[email protected]]
Reason: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons. See Error: "554 5.7.9: Message not accepted for policy reasons" when sending email to Yahoo | Postmaster Help - SLN7253

Message contents follow:

Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1]) by home with MailEnable ESMTPA; Sat, 5 May 2018 15:10:55 +0200
Subject: <my Plesk hostname is here> Notification of the site creation.
To: Rich #####k## <rich#####k##@yahoo.com>
Reply-To: Rich #####k## <rich#####k##@yahoo.com>
Return-Path: rich#####k##@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 15:10:55 +0200
X-Mailer: PHP/7.1.14
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: inline
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <583A924081284B1EB92FC578509B06EA.MAI@home>

A new domain name has been created.
Domain name: *********.com
Domain name owner: Rich #####k##
IP address associated with the domain name: 000.000.000.000

=========================

(PS I masked some of the data in the email above to prevent my info being published here)

Should I be entering a different contact email in the Control Panel setup, and not my yahoo.com address?

Little confused by why this error keeps happening.

And I get the same errors on an older vps running plesk 12.5.2 and that one has perfect spf and dmarc settings so not having those on this server yet can't be the source of this problem.

THANKS for looking at this!

Your from and to address are the same; Yahoo is known to hate this practice. Try changing your from address to an email address on your domain.

Back