• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email passwords still not changing..

G

GN3

I signed up for a Godaddy virtual server to run a small website, and they gave me Plesk as a control panel. I know PHP, JS and a little ObjC. I am in no way a systems admin type. Fine, I thought..Plesk seems like a GUI help me get around my lack of knowledge.

I am having a problem, that in my opinion should be a simple fix. I cannot change email passwords for my friends whom I've set emails up for. I also cannot set an email password for new email I've recently set up.

Upon searching the forum, the best answer I've got is this:

telnet localhost 106
200 Poppassd v1.1 (NT) -- hello, who are you?
user [email protected]
200 your password please.
pass password
500 Exception: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ..."

Seriously? All that to change an email password? I don't know what the above code is, or how to run it. I dont have the experience to Telnet into the server and do run some commands, but then again that is why a GUI is built on top of the code right? To abstract all that and make it easier for people like me deal with?
I mean there is clearly a button in the Plesk GUI designed to do JUST what I am asking it to do, it just is not doing it.

If someone can just break this down in laymans terms, I am willing to try whatever it takes to fix this.

Back