1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email Problem

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by jiarong, Oct 7, 2009.

1. jiarong

jiarong Guest

Hi,

I'm running on a PLESK 9.2, and Mailenable Enterprise and I'm encountering this issue:

I have a domain abc.com that is pointed to Web Host A. All emails and website are hosted with Web Host A, and the DNS is pointed to Web Host A IP Address as well.

I've created an account for abc.com on my server (i.e. Plesk 9.2, Mailenable Enterprise).

*note DNS of abc.com is still pointed to Web Host A*

If I use an email on the same server, (jiarong@xyz.com) to send an email to abc.com, it doesn't get directed to Web Host A. Instead, Plesk / Mailenable will send the email to the abc.com located on the same server.

How can I overwrite this rule?

Thanks

2. Satoriya

Satoriya Guest

You need to disable Mail service for that particular domain (Plesk CP > Domains > domain.com > Mail settings > Disable)
    so Plesk mail server does not attempt to send emails locally and send as to external domain (to MX record).