1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email Redirection

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by FilipB, Jul 4, 2005.

1. FilipB

FilipB Guest

I'm using plesk 7.5 with mailenable,
    I have the following problem, when I create a mailbox and put mail redirection on this works fine but the mailserver keeps a copy of the mail local so I have to verify this option to disable it in Mailenable admin everytime a user or I made such a redirection

Is this a normal behavor of PLESK ? I don't find a global option to put this off in Mailenable either

Anyone ?

2. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    This must be a oversight by the Plesk / SW-Soft developers.

Indeed if you put on forwarding on Plesk for Windows there is no way to switch off "Keep a copy of the message in mailbox" unless you do it by hand in MailEnable.

In other words not so lucky server admins are going to find their customers complaining that they're mailboxes are full when they shouldn't be, or even worse, run out of disk space for no apparent reason!

3. webhostireland2

webhostireland2 Guest

Hi,

Have you tried turning Mailbox off ?

Should fix that.

Plesk should warn user to disable mailbox if they don't want copies stored on mail server.

Thanks
    Dave

4. daThomas

daThomas Guest

Yes, it should. IT DOES NOT.