• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question email server address wrong

chrisguk

New Pleskian
Hi there,

In the admin panel I navigate to a domain then click on email addresses >> then I click on the little "i" icon alongside the email address to show the details on how to setup the email address on a client.

The thing I have noticed is that the mail server settings only show the main domain name and not the FQDN as they normally should. For example:

mydomain.com << This is what is shows
mail.mydomain.com << This is what it is supposed to show.

Any ideas?

not the FQDN as they normally should
Why do you think that mydomain.com is not in FQDN format?
Why do you think that there is should be mail.mydomain.com? If you go to Mail Setting tab, you will see actual name of your mailserver and it is correct.

Why do you think that mydomain.com is not in FQDN format?
Why do you think that there is should be mail.mydomain.com? If you go to Mail Setting tab, you will see actual name of your mailserver and it is correct.

Well it is in the fqdn format but it could be confusing to the customer/user, normally they would see mail.yourdomain.com at the incoming and outgoing server address. I have seen this on other panels but cant seem to find where to change this globally for all.

By default, there is corresponding A record for mail.domain.com in the default DNS Template. Therefore all your domain will have this record and everyone can use mail.domain.com if they want.

Back