• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email to multiple people on incoming mail

You'd have to setup a Mail Group for that user. See the docs:

http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-clients-guide-html/ch03s33.html

A mail group is a list of several email accounts that are grouped together under one email address. This feature enables sending one message to multiple recipients at once. For example, if you want to send the same message to five people in the technical support department, you can create a "Support" email group that includes the individual email addresses for all five staff members.

I have searched and searched and always find the same answer. However I still don't understand what I am supposed to do. In the above example there is no user [email protected]. That is only an alias that is supposed to forward copy of the same email to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].

Answer says to create mail group for that user. What user is that? You can only create mail groups if you click on email accounts which would be in this example [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. Which one do I pick and how do I include the rest of them in it then?

Or am I completely missunderstanding it and what I am actually supposed to do is create completely new mail account with username sales and some password and then create mail group under that?

Thanks for any help in clearing this up for me.

Predrag

Originally posted by oziris
Or am I completely missunderstanding it and what I am actually supposed to do is create completely new mail account with username sales and some password and then create mail group under that?
Yes, this is correct. Create a new mail name "sales", then click on the "Mail Group" under that account and add the other email names (Add New Member) you wish to automatically receive email copies. Don't forget to then turn on (enable) the Mail Group you have created.

Also make sure you do NOT have a checkmark in the Mailbox settings for "Sales", unless you wish it to store a copy under "Sales" as well.

Back