1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email to multiple people on incoming mail

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by kmoneil, Sep 13, 2005.

1. kmoneil

kmoneil Guest

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

You'd have to setup a Mail Group for that user. See the docs:

http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-clients-guide-html/ch03s33.html

3. oziris

oziris Guest

I have searched and searched and always find the same answer. However I still don't understand what I am supposed to do. In the above example there is no user sales@foo.com. That is only an alias that is supposed to forward copy of the same email to email1@foo.com, email2@foo.com, email3@foo.com, email4@foo.com.

Answer says to create mail group for that user. What user is that? You can only create mail groups if you click on email accounts which would be in this example email1@foo.com, email2@foo.com, email3@foo.com, email4@foo.com. Which one do I pick and how do I include the rest of them in it then?

Or am I completely missunderstanding it and what I am actually supposed to do is create completely new mail account with username sales and some password and then create mail group under that?

Thanks for any help in clearing this up for me.

Predrag

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Yes, this is correct. Create a new mail name "sales", then click on the "Mail Group" under that account and add the other email names (Add New Member) you wish to automatically receive email copies. Don't forget to then turn on (enable) the Mail Group you have created.

Also make sure you do NOT have a checkmark in the Mailbox settings for "Sales", unless you wish it to store a copy under "Sales" as well.