• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Embedded calendar suddenly much narrower than it should be

coolemail2

Basic Pleskian
I have an embedded calendar which in the last few days has started to become really narrow. The embedded code I have checked from the Google Calendar site and I have put it on a test site www.mytestaccount.co.uk so can anyone tell me why that might have happened please?

Thank you. The calendar is there but it is meant to be 700 wide. Instead it is very narrow. It was fine until a few days ago and we have put this calendar on this test domain so that is not just the original one.

Can anyone tell us why the calendar is suddenly showing up as being so narrow. We are copying into the "script" box what Google calendar has created.

Bits of the script are stripped by WPB

I think it is something in the way that WPB has played with the script. The script that we put into WPB script module is (and even taken from the WPB Editor):
Code:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?showTitle=0&amp;showPrint=0&amp;showTabs=0&amp;showTz=0&amp;height=450&amp;wkst=2&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;src=google%40hillsidecottagepadstow.co.uk&amp;color=%232F6309&amp;src=o9di7ktvrcu5d9i7l6a74g14h8%40group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23711616&amp;src=en_gb.uk%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23AB8B00&amp;ctz=Europe%2FLondon" style=" border-width:0 " width="700" height="450" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

but what shows on the website is:
Code:
<iframe src=https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?showTitle=0&amp;showPrint=0&amp;showTabs=0&amp;showTz=0&amp;height=450&amp;wkst=2&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;src=google%40hillsidecottagepadstow.co.uk&amp;color=%232F6309&amp;src=o9di7ktvrcu5d9i7l6a74g14h8%40group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23711616&amp;src=en_gb.uk%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23AB8B00&amp;ctz=Europe%2FLondon style=border-width:0width=700 height=450 frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>

so WPB in the last few days has for some reason changed the bit at the end.

Can you help explain that? Perhaps you could try it on a WPB on your side and see what happens?

I've checked at test installation of WPB 11.5.10 and cannot reproduce your issue. I've put this scriptlet in "Script" module and published site. I can't see any difference at published site.
Probably additional investigation is needed.

We have discovered that if we put the script in the "Script" module, it strips the "" speech marks as per the examples above.
If we put in a text/images module and in the "html" view we paste the script, it remains as it should be.

Hi,

at specified page I see only 1 form which included through custom script with "EMF Form Builder". Maybe link is incorrect?

Meanwhile it's very strange because "script" module does not have any logic to transform content. This module just puts your raw content on the page.

Do you have any plugins enabled in your browser? Could you try to reproduce the issue at other browser?

Sorry Egor, The link for that form is at http://mytestaccount.co.uk/rates/. It is the calendar there which I have put in 2 ways where you can see how it strips it. I have tried on IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari on a Windows PC and on an iphone and ipad. All do the same thing and if you look at the source code you will see how it strips out the quotation marks.

On the WPB script module, it displays correctly:
HTML:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?showTitle=0&amp;showPrint=0&amp;showTabs=0&amp;showTz=0&amp;height=450&amp;wkst=2&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;src=google%40hillsidecottagepadstow.co.uk&amp;color=%232F6309&amp;src=o9di7ktvrcu5d9i7l6a74g14h8%40group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23711616&amp;src=en_gb.uk%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com&amp;color=%23AB8B00&amp;ctz=Europe%2FLondon" style=" border-width:0 " width="700" height="450" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
It seems to get stripped only on the published website. I know that it USED to be OK on previous versions but just not sure which one caused the change we have seen.

Right now I have no idea how publication can corrupt content of "Script" module. It looks like some bug. To investigate this I need access to WPB's files and WPB database.

If you are concerned for the privacy of the data, then maybe it would be better to contact through Parallels technical support. Please note that your account will be refunded for incident, if it will bug in the product.

Back