• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Enable Plesk as master and slave DNS Server

Michael Neikes

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am not able to sync my DNS Settings with my standard DNS Provider, so everytime Let´s Encrypt is trying to update the certificate it fails, because the entries are autoamtcally set on PLesk and not on the "original"" DNS Server.

So I do now want:
- on registrar site: mark the Plesk installation as Name server (1+2)
- on Plesk site: enable ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com (or option: domain1.com and domain2.com)
as DNS Server to serve all the Plesk domains (partly under different IP addresses)

If i just take one domain and set under ns2.mydomain.com another IP of the server, it seems not to be enough.
error i receive from the registratr:
"Nameserver error - ERROR: 118 Inconsistent set of NS RRs "

In addition I do not know if i have to update the DNS-Template, so its effective for all the other domains?

I would appreciate someone guiding me through this.

Thanks for your help!
Michael

Please: I do not want a discussion that hosting ns1+2 on one server is not redundant or why i am not looking for another DNS Provider or something else.
This is more a private server thing...

ok..eror did not appear, but reachability of domains using the dns template did not work correctly.

Help would be appreciate to come to my goal.

Thanks
Michael

Back