• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Enabling support for wildcard subdomains - Having trouble...

K

kab012345

Guest
Hello,

I am trying to enable support for wildcard subdomains for my domain on my VPS, and for that, I need to alter the httpd.conf file. I already added the A record needed for the wildcard subdomains support, but I am having trouble with the last step. I don't know how to edit the http.conf properly through SSH, and I searched around and saw that I will also need to create a vhost.conf and vhost_ssl.conf file for this to work since PLESK automatically overwrites any changes I would have made. Could someone please, please help me to do this correctly, maybe with some instructions if it isn't too much trouble? Or even link me to the manual article on this? The only manual I can find on the website is for PLESK 7.1 RELOADED.

All I need to do is change the following, where domain.com is my domain:
Code:
ServerAlias www.domain.com domain.com
to
Code:
ServerAlias www.domain.com domain.com *.domain.com



I asked my host about this but they do not provide technical support, so if you know how I could do all of this the right way SSH (or any other way for that fact since I keep getting the Access denied error and I am on my "root@domain ~" account...) , I would really appreciate it! :) Thank you to anyone in advance.
 
Thanks for the reply. I got one of my admins to do it, but thanks for the article link as well. I'll keep this for future reference. :)
 
Back
Top