1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

endless upgrade to flesh out the DNS errors?

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Oddst, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Oddst

Oddst New Pleskian

57%
    *SOLVED* DNS errors?

Issue resolved.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
  3. Oddst

Oddst New Pleskian

57%
    The problem is my additude.

I don't know why I'm so irritated by this but when I updated in Nov, Plesk overwrote my DNS default template and it caused me major headaches. Since then, I've been bitter about the software. I would switch to something else, but haven't had the time or motivation to migrate to another CP/Server yet. Basically, it appeared i was being forced to include a random NS instead of being allowed to use NS1, NS2.

The solution you provided did not exist when the problem first arose, so I overlooked the omitted dns record. That set me straight, and I see where my mistake was.

I suspect I could delete the ns record(s) at this point, and it would work fine, so thanks for setting me straight.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012