• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Error 502 Bad Gateway timeout for few seconds after save settings

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Each time updating/change "Apache & nginx Settings" for a single domain the server show for all subscriptions/domains a Error 502 Bad Gateway (for few seconds).

Is here no better way? Is this a bug? This issue is very annoying, you can never work in prime time or test things. I think this is because "restart" nginx? Why plesk "restart" it and not "reload" it with "nginx -s reload"?

CentOS Linux 7.8.2003
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.28 Update #2

Great, thank you very much! In your article was a hint
Graceful restart for Apache is enabled by default on all new Plesk Obsidian installations.
I use Plesk Obsidian and its was not checked, so this is a bug? I migrated from Onyx.

Hi, I have the same problem, I have a plesk VPS hosted in OVH. since yesterday all the hosted websites have an error
502 Bad Gateway
nginx​
In Plesk:
Code:
Details: [2020-07-14 10:17:31.413] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/apache_control_adapter' '--restart' '--restart-interval' '0' '--http-port' '7080' '--https-port' '7081' '--graceful'] with exit code [255] [2020-07-14 10:17:34.409] ERR [panel] Apache config (15947217180.25276600) generation failed: Template_Exception: Can not restart web server: Apache is down, start it instead of graceful Apache is down, start it instead of graceful file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Web/Server/Apache.php line: 114 code: 0 plesk sendmail[6363]: Unable to resolve fqdn: Name or service not known plesk sendmail[6363]: It is impossible to detect the FQDN of the host. Please make sure that the host name is correctly specified in /etc/hosts and goes right after the host's IP address. Depending on your OS, you might need to set the host name in /etc/HOSTNAME or /etc/hostname. plesk sendmail[6363]: Unable to retrieve hostname. Use localhost.localdomain instead. Can not restart web server: Apache is down, start it instead of graceful Apache is down, start it instead of graceful

this has happened since I updated Plesk
Me can you help me please?

Check your server hostname with

# hostname

and make sure that it is resolvable to IP of your server first.

Back