• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error 997: Plesk Management Service

M

mitchkill

Yesterday my Plesk Management Service began to fail. Whenever I try to start the service it gives "Error 997 at Start service plesksrv: Overlapped I/O is in process" I have tried to go to the PleskDir\admin\bin and run "plesksrv -uninstall" and "plesksrv -reinstall" but to no affect. I have seen forum entries for Error 997 on the Plesk Control Panel service but not for the Plesk Management Service. Anybody have any ideas? I am running Plesk 7.5/Windows 2003. Thanks.

A little more information I have dug up...
In the event log after a few minutes, an application entry is generated for RunTask.exe. The message is as follows:
Error 997 at Start service plesksrv: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
at (service::startStopService line 902)
at Unable to execute event(runtask::start line 209)
Execute file name: C:\Plesk\admin\bin\runtask.exe

So it seems that the problem is with something that is being passed to runtask. Apparently it is trying to run two processes at once or something. Is there anyway that I can figure out what is being sent to RunTask? Thanks!

Hi!
There is 'repair permissions on root folders' in reconfigurator of Plesk 7.5.4 Try setting them up.
bye!

Thanks for the reply. I ran the Reconfigurator option to Repair Plesk Installation->Plesk File Security settings and to repair the Services, it came up with three warnings and an error message.

1) Error cannot start PleskControlPanel:System error is 'Cannot start service
PleskControlService on computer.'
2) Error cannot start PleskControlPanel:System error is 'Cannot start service PleskControlService on computer.'
3) Cannot start service plesksrv System error is: Time out has expired and operation has not been completed

And the error:
1) Error 2 at connect to pipe: The system cannot find the file specified.

I will add that the service PleskControlPanel has not been starting either. The error that is returned is "The operation has timed out" I assumed that this was caused because of the error with Plesk Management, but I may be incorrect. Anyone have any more ideas?

After some more scratching around, I think that the problem is that Plesk cannot connect to the database. Somehow or another there is a password discrepancy. So I run the plesksrvclient.exe file and it says that it cannot connect to the MySQL db. I put in my MySQL password and it gives the "Error 2 at connect to pipe: The system cannot find the file specified" error. So apparently whatever file that it writes the password too has disappeared or is not accessible because of permissions. If I could find which file PleskSrvClient is referring to, I might be able to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe the "http://kb.swsoft.com/article_150_922_en.html" will help you.

As I said in the previous post, the plesksrvclient.exe program throws an error. When I run plesksrvclient.exe -get I get a runtime error. I wish there were a little more technical info about this plesksrvclient utility, e.g. which files it is attempting to write to.

Hmmm - it is a seriouse problem.

You can try to recompile Plesk - Use:
defpackagemng --fix (it is very dangerous command!!!)

or you can try reinstall basic Plesk components
Go Add\remove programs - Plesk - Repair.

hi,
Did you guys manage to find a resolution? I am also stuck up with the same problem badly!
Awaiting,

Susheel

Overlapped I/O is in process
error means that this service is in stopping state.
check system services.
It seems that Plesk Controll panel is in stopping state. You will not be able just stop or start it in this state. You should restart the server or kill process using Task manager.

If you have "connect to pipe" error you should check your sys tem for viruses. It seems that it is infected by Backdoor.HacDef virus family.
I recommend
http://download.drweb.com/drweb+cureit/
for virus checking.
If you'll get
Backdoor.HacDef.100
it will be better to reinstall Windows.

Back