• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error after Letsencypt certificate update

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I got a webserver error by mail and all my websites were down:

Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <myserver.net> because of the following errors:

Template_Exception: AH00526: Syntax error on line 109 of /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/server.conf:

SSLCertificateFile: file '/opt/psa/var/certificates/cert-QmL4bE' does not exist or is empty

file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php

line: 75

code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

At the same time I got the info that a Letsencrypt certificate was renewed. After clicking on rebuild all configuration files it all worked again. Is there something I can do to prevent that problem?

Best regards
Onki

OK - this seems to be identical with my problem.
We'll see if this will be fixed in the next update.

Best regards
Onki

Is there something I can do to prevent that problem?
No. It is a timing issue / race condition. Certain operations are sometimes performed before others, so that unfortunately it is still possible that the certificate filename entry in the web server configuration is pointing to a non-existing certificate.

Back