• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error: ASL has not been configured

BrinsleyP

Regular Pleskian
Hello,,,
I receive in hour-in-hour this email:
----------
/etc/cron.hourly/asl:
Error: ASL has not been configured
----------

In a simples search on web, i discovery this error its cause by atomic rules (WAF). But now i use comodo rules, but i try set to atomic to see the results. and in plesk panel this error appear.

------------
Failed to install the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: gpg: key 4520AFA9: "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" not changed gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 gpg: Signature made Wed May 18 17:13:39 2016 BRT using RSA key ID 4520AFA9 gpg: Good signature from "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature! gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner. Primary key fingerprint: 1818 66DF 9DAC A40E 5B42 9B08 FFBD 5D0A 4520 AFA9 TERM environment variable not set. aum failed with exitcode 3. stdout: Invalid configuration file, attempting to repair ... No valid configurations found. Please run: /var/asl/bin/asl -c stderr: Unable to download tortix rule set
------------

So how to fix this error?

Hi BrinsleyP,

Please run: /var/asl/bin/asl

Pls. see "Upgrade suggestions" from : http://wiki.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_ASL

Upgrading
ASL 3.2 uses the internal upgrade management system in ASL. You can upgrade ASL by following these steps:

Step 1)

As the root user, run through Steps 2-4 below. Do not use "sudo" to run these commands.

Step 2)

Check to make sure you have ASL set to upgrade itself:

Check the file /etc/asl/config to ensure that UPDATE_TYPE is set to "all".

Step 3)

/var/asl/bin/aum -uf

Note: If you have changed UPDATE_TYPE to "rules-only", you must change this to "all" temporarily to manually upgrade ASL. If you do not wish to upgrade the kernel, you can set this temporarily to "Exclude-kernel".

Step 4)

yum upgrade mod_security tortix-waf

Step 5)

/var/asl/bin/asl -s -f

... and pls. report any further issues, or logs-entries, so that further investigations and suggestions can be done. :)

Hello, i try but without "OK", see the errors;

first i try the 1º command.... and i have this:
---------------
[root@server ~]# /var/asl/bin/aum -uf
Invalid configuration file, attempting to repair ...
No valid configurations found. Please run:
/var/asl/bin/asl -c
---------------

OK, late the first command, i try the tip, to see any possible change....
---------------
[root@server ~]# /var/asl/bin/asl -c
-bash: /var/asl/bin/asl: No such file or directory
---------------

ok.... i try the second command in the "tip" to see any. and i have this:
---------------
[root@server ~]# yum upgrade mod_security tortix-waf
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Excluding mirror: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
* base: mirrors.coreix.net
* extras: mirrors.coreix.net
* updates: mirrors.coreix.net
No Match for argument: tortix-waf
No package tortix-waf available.
No packages marked for update
---------------

and for finish, i try the last command, and i have this
---------------
[root@server ~]# /var/asl/bin/asl -s -f
-bash: /var/asl/bin/asl: No such file or directory
---------------

Hi BrinsleyP,

I recommend to use the Plesk autoinstaller to remove und re-install the ModSecurity component:

Uninstall ModSecurity:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component modsecurity

Re-install ModSecurity:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component modsecurity​

Or you might like to follow this KB - article:

Sorry to highjack your topic BrinsleyP but I have the same issue as you on a machine running Debian 7.11 32bit with Plesk 12.0.18.

I believe it to be cause after an update of aum via automated apt-get. As I also got an update email from CRON-APT listing that package and also indicating:
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!

aum
# apt-cache show aum
Package: aum
Version: 4.0.19-38
Architecture: i386
Maintainer: atomicorp
Installed-Size: 10777
Depends: curl, binutils
Priority: optional
Section: misc
Filename: pool/main/a/aum/aum_4.0.19-38_i386.deb
Size: 3202064
SHA256: bd40ff5c13a5b17b2e4b8c79b54f47b26e289a7a81f8b2d9b864565317ee9d5a
SHA1: 10f1882a72a3e7266328fb73977a5963a262189f
MD5sum: 2702142715f15ea67592a77b33551271
Description: Atomicorp Updater Modified​

Now I get emails from the server:
/etc/cron.hourly/asl:

Error: ASL has not been configured

run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/asl exited with return code 1
I've tried UFHH01 methode of uninstalling modsecurity and reinstalling it. Even using KB article 122577 but no luck. Any help to resolve this issue would be welcome.

Back