• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue error connecting to access db after migration

jonium

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
a client of mine has problem after a migration to obsidian last version of a script in Classic ASP connecting to a MS Access db.
Here is the connection string:

Set DbConn = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection")
DbConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & server.mapPath("/mdb-database") & "\xxx.mdb"
DbConn.CursorLocation = 3
DbConn.Open

and here is the error log
2021-06-02 19:06:01 127.0.0.1 GET / |5|800a0e7a|Provider_cannot_be_found._It_may_not_be_properly_installed. 80 - 127.0.0.1 HTTP/1.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64;+rv:88.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/88.0 - www.xxx.xx 500 0 0 543 590 458

How to fix it?
Do you think it is better to use DSN ?

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35
Windows Server 2016

Last edited:
hello @jonium ,
I'm not an expert but probably there's no OLEDB 4.0 driver installed on your destination server?

how may I verify that?
After having set a ODBC DSN connection he gets:
_The_specified_DSN_contains_an_architecture_mismatch_between_the_Driver_and_Application

Last edited:
the problem seems to be related to 32bit and 64bit, I fix it following the post of IgorG here
It was enough to Enable 32-Bit Applications in the app pool
now it's running with both connecction string types
Thanks

only a question:
is it a problem related only to the hostings migrated from an old server or do I have to do something to other app pools too?

Back