• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Error during installation.

Giulio

New Pleskian
Hi, I had this error during the installation on VPS:

Code:
 Trying to create reverse DNS zone... /opt/psa/admin/sbin/mk_reverse_zone[1413]: Canonname is not correct fqdn
/opt/psa/admin/sbin/mk_reverse_zone[1413]: It is impossible to detect the FQDN of the host.
Please make sure that the host name is correctly specified in /etc/hosts and goes right after the host's IP address.
Depending on your OS, you might need to set the host name in /etc/HOSTNAME or /etc/hostname.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  Error on configure reverse DNS zone for localhost : fail to detect hostname

WARNING!
Some problems are found during create reverse DNS zone - there is error during utility '/opt/psa/admin/sbin/mk_reverse_zone' execution, please fix the problem and run it again.(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.8.11_installation.log)

Continue...

VPS configurations:
  • Debian 9 64bit
  • vCPU 1
  • RAM 1 GB
  • SSD 20 GB
  • 1 IP

How can I solve?
Thanks

UPDATE
While I was writing this post, I had left the terminal in the background and after posting , I read on terminal that the installation had been completed.

in any case if the error reported must be correct, can you help me to understand how?

Last edited:
What is the hostname of the server? Sounds like it may not be set as a FQDN

Hi Mark, the hosting is aruba.it its vps products on their site cloud.it.

I would like to make a clarification, the VPS is without management, so is it possible I should have inserted the host or FQDN in debian before installing plesk?

Last edited:
Back