• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Error in watchdog module wdservice: Unable stop service

S

StephanP

Hi Forum,

I have an error in the watchdog modul in my plesk installation.

The server was initialized with plesk 10.2 running on ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS with 64bit architectur. The first step I did was the update to the latest version 10.3.1 of plesk panel for linux without any custom changes in the whole system.

While customizing plesk for my needs I found an error in the watchdog module:

Error occurred while calling the module utility wdservice: 'Unable stop service'

It occures after I pushed the "enable" button in the sections "services" AND "disks". I'm not able the enable monitoring at all.

If I start the monit-daemon manually on the console I receive the following "lastline":

[...]
Collector: cannot open a connection to http://127.0.0.1:2912/ -- Transport endpoint is not connected
Collector: no server available -- aborting message

But "netstat -ap" show me the following:
tcp 0 0 localhost:2912 *:* LISTEN 2014/sw-engine

Maybe this could be the problem?!?
Anybody any suggestions for me to solve it?

Best regards

Stephan

Back