• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Error: IP pool is empty

JArnoldussen

Basic Pleskian
Whenever I create a new customer in Plesk 10, I get the following error:

Error: IP pool is empty.

What is causing this? I'm using the standard shared IP on the server. Any ideas?

Once I create the account, and get the above error, I take a look at the domain, and it claims that it's trying to use a dedicated IP. During the setup stage I absolutely selected the shared IP. Why is it doing this, and how to I change the IP?

I ended up opening a ticket on this, and they found the problem. The problem is caused when you change the main A record IP address in the DNS template. By default, this template has <ip> in that field, and I changed it to the static IP of our server. Changing it back to <ip> fixed the problem for now. The support team promised this would be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the update.
Changing back to <ip> isn't an option here, as that would switch the A record IP to the Private IP of the server.
Hopefully they have a real fix.

Back