• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ERROR: Plesk\Exception\Database: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1021 Disk ..

titodj

New Pleskian
This is a dedicated server, centos 7 and plesk just installed.

After uploading the files and DB to the new website I got this error.

ERROR: Plesk\Exception\Database: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1021 Disk full

I ran df - h and it seems that everything was written in the wrong partition?

Can this be changed? Thank you !!!

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/mapper/centos_jdc--user-root 50G 50G 20K 100% /

devtmpfs 12G 0 12G 0% /dev

tmpfs 12G 0 12G 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 12G 17M 12G 1% /run

tmpfs 12G 0 12G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

/dev/sda1 1014M 172M 843M 17% /boot

/dev/mapper/centos_jdc--user-home 403G 33M 403G 1% /home

tmpfs 2.4G 0 2.4G 0% /run/user/0

Why not? Just add additional disk and mount it as /var
But I'd suggest you check first why did your current disk space end so quickly.

I might be reading this wrong, but it seems that /dev/mapper/centos....user-root was 50GB and there all was written

And /dev/mapper/centos....user-home was left alone, there's 400 GB of empty space there...

I don't know why all was put in root instead of home (and I don't know how to fix it) any pointer will be greatly appreciated !

Actually, your disk is not correctly partitioned. It is not necessary to make so big /home partition because it is only for user's data. All system data, all websites data, databases, etc are stored usually in /var partition which is located in / partition.
Your question mostly is Linux administration common issue, but not Plesk. But if problem in that you websites takes so many diskspace in /var/www/vhosts, I can suggest you try to re-locate it to /home with transvhosts.pl Plesk utility:

Code:
[root@ppu17-5 ~]# plesk bin transvhosts.pl --help
You should specify destination directory.
Utility to transfer vhosts content from HTTPD_VHOSTS_D directory to new place.

Usage:
        --dest-dir   <path>  Destination path. Path to new vhosts directory.
                             Example: /path/to/new/vhosts.
                             If directory does not exist it will be created.

--correct-scripts    Changes user scripts.
                             Old vhost path is replaced to new path in content of all files.

Otherwise read more about disk partitioning in Linux and try to re-partition your disk with different Linux tools/methods.

Back