• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

error qmail /horde

apolo13

New Pleskian
Hello.

i have the following error in horde /qmail

HORDE [error] [imp] sendmail returned error code 111 [pid 32263 on line 754 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Compose.php"]

qmail not run.

any solution?

it is urgent.

Regards

Hi apolo13,

you always have the choice to correct failures/misconfigurations with the Plesk utility "mchk":

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --help

I would suggest the most-used "with-spam" selector:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

Sometimes it helps as well to switch from qmail to postfix and backwards again ( no eMail - accounts are touched during these procedures!!! ):

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component postfix
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component qmail

For further investigations, you really have to provide log - files and depending configuration - files as suggested before.

Thanks for your reply UFHH001,

We've tested your suggestions, but problems continue...

Errors:
- sendmail returned error code 111 (in horde)
- in maillog:
Unable to change group ID: Operation not permitted
cannot create temporary file - (13) Permission denied
cannot read message from stdin

Thanks in advanced!

Carlos

Hi apolo13,

I really would like to help to solve your issue, but you shorten your log - entries too much.
In order to investigate the issue, it is as well usefull WHICH service wrote the error in the log - file... for example "qmail-queue-handlers" or "qmail". Due to the case, that ALL informations are helpfull, so please try to include Plesk version, current MU and as well your operating system. You could as well include in your next answer, what you did last, before the error/issue occured ( update? upgrade? patch? ), or if this is a fresh installation, with the latest updates/upgrades/patches.

Please keep in mind, that IF you use SELinux, you have to modify rules and exeptions on your very own. The standard setting for SELInux and Plesk is to disable SELinux.
=> How do I disable SELinux? ( KB - article 115 626 )

The suggestions can only be as good as your informations... if you keep holding back informations, for what ever reason, be aware that the suggestions might not at all solve your issue.

Hi UFHH01,

Our PLesk version is 10.3 over CentOS 6.
I hope these logs are useful:

Mar 3 23:47:56 virt1410 qmail-queue-handlers[26037]: Handlers Filter before-queue for qmail started ...
Mar 3 23:47:56 virt1410 qmail-queue-handlers[26037]: cannot create temporary file - (13) Permission denied
Mar 3 23:47:56 virt1410 qmail-queue-handlers[26037]: cannot read message from stdin

We've executed:
chmod 755 /var/qmail/bin
chmod 755 /usr/local/psa/handlers
chmod 755 /usr/local/psa/handlers/hooks

And then the error changes:
Mar 3 23:50:04 virt1410 qmail-queue-handlers[26561]: Unable to change group ID: Operation not permitted

Thanks a lot,

Carlos

Hi apolo13,

I think this post could help you:

Permission denied - Ownership qmail-local

Qmail can present some errors in the maillog file. The most common is very likely to be:

qmail-local-handlers[......]: cannot create temporary file - (13) Permission denied

A solution to this problem has been given in the following thread:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=87343

In his post, Johannes Frank simply points out the solution (and indicates a bug in the qmail default installation).

A summary of steps:
1 - go to /var/qmail/bin
2 - change ownership of qmail-local, with command: chown mhandlers-user.popuser qmail-local
3 - do the following command: chmod g+s,g-r,o-r
4 - restart qmail with the command: service qmail restart

Problem should be resolved now.

Info: The forum - link in the post has changed, because of the change for the forum software... it would be now: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/qmail-configuration.87343/#post-366049

Back