• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error server reached MaxClients setting

ManuelG2k

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
I have Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS and Plesk 11.5.30 Update #18.
This is a Virtual Server with 2 vCPU (4,80 Ghz total), ram 4 Gb.
The server has 13 domains.
Average server utilization is this: CPU 10%, RAM 50%, active processes 110-115

Occasionally the sites are inaccessible and you can not connect to the server console.
At that moment, the active processes are 250, the CPU is at 100%.

I'm trying to understand the cause.

On /var/log/apache2/error.log I find this line (when the server is overloaded):

[Tue Oct 15 12:42:20 2013] [error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting

This could be the cause?
Can you help me ?

Tnx in advance
Manuel

Hello,

You are getting this issues because your one of the site is having the high traffic and due to that your CPU usages is 100% and you are getting this MaxClients exceeded issues on your server, I will suggest you monitor your server and try to disable your high traffic website OR try to optimized Apache on your server

Thank you

Hello,

You are getting this issues because your one of the site is having the high traffic and due to that your CPU usages is 100% and you are getting this MaxClients exceeded issues on your server, I will suggest you monitor your server and try to disable your high traffic website OR try to optimized Apache on your server

Thank you

Thanks InderS, obviously I can not disable the website.
How can I optimized Apache ?
You have any suggestions ?

Tnx InderS.
The Apache config file on Ubuntu server with Plesk 11 I think is /etc/apache2/apache2.conf ?
In this file I not have "prefork.c", but "mpm_prefork_module", "mpm_worker_module" and "mpm_event_module".
I need to modify "mpm_prefork_module" section ?

Actually I have

Code:
<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
    StartServers          5
    MinSpareServers       5
    MaxSpareServers      10
    MaxClients          150
    MaxRequestsPerChild   0
</IfModule>

Tnx
Manuel

Hello,

Yes, Please try to add these setting in mpm_prefork_module section and check your site.

Back