• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Error when trying to change IP to dedicated

tonydsza

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
We have a problem with our Plesk where a specific IP (which is used for our mail server and our CP IP) keeps being assigned to customers when they sign up.

I try to make the IP address a dedicated IP but keep getting the error:
annot change the type of IP address already allocated to a user. IP address x.x.x..4 is already allocated to user(s) as shared IP address.

There are no users allocated to this IP address, except it is shown as the IP address in System overview.

I changed the field main to false in the IP address table and get the same error.

I also ran this command to see if there is something linked, but no results are returned
plesk db -NBe 'select d.name,ip.ip_address from domains d left join dom_param dp on d.id=dp.dom_id left join IP_Addresses ip on dp.val=ip.id where dp.param="ip_addr_id" and ip.ip_address="x.x.x.x.4";' > domlist.txt

Can somebody please assist how I can prevent x.x.x.4 being used for new hosting accounts that are created or how I can change this IP address from shared to dedicated.

SQL query of IP address table
MariaDB [psa]> select * from IP_Addresses WHERE ip_address = "x.x.x.4";
+----+--------------+---------------+-------+--------------------+-------------------+-------+--------+---------------+-------------------+------+
| id | ip_address | mask | iface | ssl_certificate_id | default_domain_id | ftps | status | serviceNodeId | public_ip_address | main |
+----+--------------+---------------+-------+--------------------+-------------------+-------+--------+---------------+-------------------+------+
| 4 | x.x.x.4 | 255.255.255.0 | eth0 | 3 | 0 | false | 0 | 1 | | true |
1 row in set (0.001 sec)

Back