• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to change subscription IP Addresses from sahred to dedicated

Inder

New Pleskian
Hi folks,
I am using plesk version 12.5.30, centos 7. My sites are running of shared IP Address when am trying to change that to dedicated it show me following message "Error: Cannot change the type of IP address already allocated to a user. IP address xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is already allocated to user(s) as shared IP address."

I thing it is coming because this ip address is allocated to subscription users. I be grateful to whom help me to figure it out how to make it possible.

Try to enable debug mode - https://kb.plesk.com/en/120101 and change this IP address in command line with

# plesk bin subscription -u subscription_name -ip IP_Address

and check related errors in output and logs.

Hi folks,
I am using plesk version 12.5.30, centos 7. My sites are running of shared IP Address when am trying to change that to dedicated it show me following message "Error: Cannot change the type of IP address already allocated to a user. IP address xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is already allocated to user(s) as shared IP address."

I thing it is coming because this ip address is allocated to subscription users. I be grateful to whom help me to figure it out how to make it possible.

You may check in your db what kind of websites are hosted on this ip :
This query will give you dns records that uses this ip ... there are more good queries...
Code:
select z.name, r.host, r.type, r.val from dns_zone z, dns_recs r where  z.id=r.dns_zone_id and r.val like '%xx.xxx.xxx.xxx%';

Hello there! I have the exact problem with this. I cannot change the IP to dedicated due to this specific error.

I tried the query @kamtec1 suggested and all the subsriptions have the same IP.

Also I tried the solution of @IgorG for one subscription (you should specify each subscription).

Is there any solution for this?

Thank you!

I tried this.

I went to plesk db > psa > ip_pool table and I changed all the entries of column type from shared to exclusive.

Then I went to Plesk Backend Panel > Tools and settings > Ip Addressed > "My Server IP" and the options changed to dedicated.

Until now no problems.

Back