• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error while reload DNS

Thomas Wilhelmi

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.51 Update #1
Hi,

I want to host my own DNS-Server for my Server and the domains. But it's not working and I want to solve it step by step. The first issue is that every time I make a change in the configuration and save it I get the following errors during the restart of the NAMED service:

Apr 24 23:05:00 xxxxxxxx systemd[1]: Started Plesk task: Event 'domain_dns_update' for object with ID '9' (domain.de) (task=4260 process=4260 trace=1069032:6446eefc3aec6).
Apr 24 23:05:00 xxxxxxxx dnsmng[1069052]: : invalid IP address
Apr 24 23:05:00 xxxxxxxx dnsmng[1069052]: message repeated 2 times: [ : invalid IP address]
Apr 24 23:05:01 xxxxxxxx systemd[1]: Reloading BIND Domain Name Server...

Where can I find out where I have the invalid addresses to search.

I have no idea if this solves my main issue, but as I said: step by step.
And I'm running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Plesk both with the most actual patches.

BR

I'm not using ubuntu but pretty sure what you want to use instead of named is named-chroot since named is disabled but named-chroot isn't.

What I'm trying to say is, instead of using
Bash:
systemctl reload named
do
Bash:
systemctl reload named-chroot

The "invalid IP address" seems to be some sort of inconsistency. You can try to plesk repair db -y to fix database inconsistencies and also re-read ip addresses from the GUI (Tools & Settings > IP Addresses, then Reread IP). Once all of that is good, you can try to plesk repair dns.

Thx, that seems to make the trick. I now still have an issue with apparmor messages but this is another topic and I first try to solve it by myself

Back