• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Errors after 8.2 upgrade

J

jerry2

Errors after 8.2 upgrade - BUG in urlprotect.dll

Before upgrade to 8.2 I had no issuses. Now on one server I get errors in event log like:

Error: Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005' in 'IScriptDispatchEx::Release()' from 'CScriptingNamespace::UnInit()'..

And on the other server I get:

A process serving application pool 'mydomain.net(domain)(pool)' failed to respond to a ping. The process id was '3772'.

On this server my http pages freeze for a few minutes and then run again. Before I updated to 8.2 there was no problem. Is there a way to go back to 8.1?

So nobody has any ideas why a worker process would fail every few hours? It started to happen IMMEDIATELY after I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.2 :-(

It seems imposible nobody has this problem! It happens in Plesk 8.2, before it never happened...

I have attached debugger into the apllication pool and here is the crach result. Anybody knows what is the urlprotech.dll ???

Jerry

WARNING - DebugDiag was unable to locate debug symbols for urlprotect.dll, so the information below may be incomplete.

Detected possible blocking or leaked critical section at urlprotect!TerminateFilter+404fc owned by thread 50 in w3wp.exe__xyz.net(domain)(pool)__PID__3304__Date__08_19_2007__Time_09_00_30PM__764__IIS_COM+ Hang Dump.dmp

Impact of this lock

9,30% of threads blocked

(Threads 2 3 4 5 43 44 51 53)

The following functions are trying to enter this critical section

urlprotect!TerminateFilter+6d93

The following module(s) are involved with this critical section

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\isapi\urlprotect.dll from SWsoft, Inc

I guess this is a dead forum, nobody from SWSoft read's it?

Please try to put back urlprotect.dll from 8.1.1 and send me private message with credentials for your problem server.

What do you mean by "credentials"?

I try putting back the old library, but then web site doesn't work at all. Seems the new library is needed :-(

Has there been any progress regarding this issue? I can not go back to 8.1.1 becase I made a new backup on 8.2. I am stuck with a problematic protect.dll :-(

Originally posted by jerry2
Has there been any progress regarding this issue? I can not go back to 8.1.1 becase I made a new backup on 8.2. I am stuck with a problematic protect.dll :-(

We cannot reproduce this issue. It is necessary to look at problem server.

Back