• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Event Handler not calling script

BigD213

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.44
plesk-version.png
event-handler.png

The only event that will successfully call the script /root/test-handler.sh is when I create a new mailbox (Mail account created).

The script is not called when I:
  • create a domain
  • delete a domain
  • create a subdomain
  • delete a subdomain.
Your assistance is appreciated

Try the Default domain (the first domain added to a subscription) created event (if you haven't already).

It's been a while since I've played with the event handlers. I don't remember when the Domain created event is fired exactly. However if I remember correctly only the Default domain (the first domain added to a subscription) created event is fired when a primary domain is added (i.e the first domain added to a subscription).

Try the Default domain (the first domain added to a subscription) created event (if you haven't already).

It's been a while since I've played with the event handlers. I don't remember when the Domain created event is fired exactly. However if I remember correctly only the Default domain (the first domain added to a subscription) created event is fired when a primary domain is added (i.e the first domain added to a subscription).

Thanks for this suggestion. You will see from the image I posted that this is the first item on the list that I have tried and it does not call the script.

You will see from the image I posted that this is the first item on the list that I have tried and it does not call the script.
Ah, right, I missed that, sorry.

I can't replicate the issue your facing though. When I create a Default domain (the first domain added to a subscription) created event and have it call a simple bash script to write to a log file it works as expected on my server when I add a primary domain in Plesk.

Could it be anything in your script?

Back