• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question eXploits Blocklist (XBL) & CSS Blocklist (CSS)

max2334

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 4.9
Plesk version and microupdate number

Why was this IP listed?​

116.202.... has been classified as part of a proxy network. There is a type of malware using this IP that installs a proxy that can be used for nearly anything, including sending spam or stealing customer data. This should be of more concern than a Spamhaus listing, which is a symptom and not the problem.

The proxy is installed on a device - usually an Android mobile, firestick, smart doorbell, etc, but also iPads, and Windows computers - that is using your IP to send spam DIRECTLY to the internet via port 25: This is very often the result of third party "free" apps like VPNs, channel unlockers, streaming, etc being installed on someone's personal device, usually a phone.

Technical information​

Important: If this IP operates as a mail server, it should look and behave like a mail server. The HELO currently used appears to be dynamic and that is behaviour commonly observed in malware/proxy networks.

Recent connections:

(IP, UTC timestamp, HELO value)

116.202.....-10-05 03:50:00 gmail.com

Important points:

• The HELOs are often dynamic-looking rDNS and usually claim to be from geographically very different networks OR spoofs of major brands.
  • They can include impossible HELOs like "gmail.com", "outlook.com", "comcast.net" - Gmail, Outlook and Comcast do not use these. These are all fake.
  • If the HELO does not make sense for the IP generating it, it should be looked at closely.
  • There is often more than one compromised device.
  • Guest networks should also be secured.

I checked my server with ImunifyAV and delete the Wordpress site which was Hacked. But now all website are not infected. Is there any other antivirus tools, which I can use for checking my server? I have 2 IP address, one for hosting website and the other is for sending mails. I also configure it in the mail server. Could it be the issue?
Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Thanks

Back