• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

external domain name hosting problem

T

Totyo

Guest
Hi!

I have a dedicated sever at 1and1, with plesk reloeaded 7.5.
I have a domain name on it, everything is ok, It works, I can access to the FTP, etc.

I also have another domain name, but hosted on another server (because of email account, reverseDNS to my home, etc..) I requested to the admin of the other server to forward the www.mydomain.com to my own server.

On muy server, I created a new client and added this new domain, with the default parameters plesk added.
I can access to the FTP, without anyproblems (I check with SSH, I have the vhost created), but when I do www.mydomain.com, it goes to the default plesk page, and not the good one.

Do you know what I can do to have this domain name going to the good vhost httpdocs folder? Do you think I need to edit my httpd.conf file and add an alias?

i'm new to plesk and I'm a little bit lost with the DNS managment (server side and client side..)

I did a search, but can't find a solution to this problem :) (And to be honnest, I'm a little bit a newbie with dedicated servers... :)

Thanks in advance!
 
Hum.. after an appache restart, it now runs... I said nothing, sorry for disturbing..
 
Back
Top