• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Fail2ban error after Plesk upgrade from 12.0 to 17.5

Pascal_Netenvie

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
After Plesk upgrade to 17.5 (on Debian 7.11) i have this error when i try to start Fail2ban :

Code:
Error: Unable to save the settings: f2bmng failed: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/fail2ban-client", line 472, in <module>
if client.start(sys.argv):
File "/usr/bin/fail2ban-client", line 442, in start
return self.__processCommand(args)
File "/usr/bin/fail2ban-client", line 256, in __processCommand
if self.__ping():
File "/usr/bin/fail2ban-client", line 153, in __ping
return self.__processCmd([["ping"]], False)
File "/usr/bin/fail2ban-client", line 185, in __processCmd
client.close()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/fail2ban/client/csocket.py", line 55, in close
self.__csock.sendall(CSPROTO.CLOSE + CSPROTO.END)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
ERROR:f2bmng:Command '['/usr/bin/fail2ban-client', 'reload']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

I triend to uninstall and reinstall Fail2ban and it's the same.
Help ...

Regards.

Hi Pascal_Netenvie,

did you see my former recommendation here in the forum, how to proper re-install Fail2Ban ? => #12

If the provided recommendations didn't help to solve your issues/errors/problems, pls. consider to provide some more informations for further investigations, as for example:
Code:
fail2ban-client -V
Code:
apt-cache policy fail2ban
and as well your Fail2Ban - configuration file ( as attachment, pls. ) => /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf

HI,
Thanks for answer.
I already tried to remove Fail2ban and plesk package with aptitude remove, then delete /etc/fail2ban folder then reinstall with Aptitude.
Problem was the same.

Butr with your solution it runned ok.
So it solved the problem.

Thanks.

For those who have the problem on Debian 7 this is the right CLI commands :

Code:
aptitude purge fail2ban plesk-fail2ban-configurator
rm -fR /etc/fail2ban /run/fail2ban

mkdir -p /root/addons/plesk
cd /root/addons/plesk
wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_17.5.3/dist-deb-Debian-7.0-x86_64/opt/fail2ban/fail2ban_0.9.6-debian7.0.17031415_all.deb
wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_17.5.3/dist-deb-Debian-7.0-x86_64/opt/fail2ban/plesk-fail2ban-configurator_17.5.3-debian7.0.build1705170314.14_all.deb

dpkg -i fail2ban_0.9.6-debian7.0.17031415_all.deb plesk-fail2ban-configurator_17.5.3-debian7.0.build1705170314.14_all.deb

/sbin/iptables -F

service fail2ban restart

After that reconnect to plesk and switch on jails.

In my case flushing iptables completly bugged one of 2 servers where i applyed this solution, i had to restart it.

Last edited:
Back