• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue cPanel to Plesk Migration Error 101

Cameronmlewis

New Pleskian
I’m trying to migrate from cPanel to Plesk, I am able to connect to cPanel using the root login successfully using SSH and everything seems to work fine. I’ve tried opening the firewall on both to see if its a blocked port, I’ve also tried deactivating all security temporarily on cPanel which also seems to make no difference. Although as I can connect to SSH manually, I would not think it would be this?

Below is the logs I get from the migration tool, if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciate!

Code:
2020-11-29 01:01:13    Debug   

START: Fetch shallow data from source cPanel
2020-11-29 01:01:13    Info   
Deploy migration agent to 'IP_ADDRESS_HERE'
2020-11-29 01:03:26    Exception   
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/utils/ssh_utils.py", line 107, in _connect_multiple_attemtps
    paramiko.SSHClient.connect(self, self.hostname, *self.args, **self.kw)
  File "/opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 349, in connect
    retry_on_signal(lambda: sock.connect(addr))
  File "/opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paramiko/util.py", line 283, in retry_on_signal
    return function()
  File "/opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 349, in <lambda>
    retry_on_signal(lambda: sock.connect(addr))
  File "/opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 110] Connection timed out
2020-11-29 01:03:26    Error   
Unable to connect to 'IP_ADDRESS_HERE' by SSH: [Errno 110] Connection timed out. Retrying in 10 seconds

Recently I ran into a very similar problem. After checking all kinds of stuff I found that I had a typo in the IP address from where I migrated. I was trying to connect to the wrong server ...

is there any tool for transferring a site from Cpanel to Plesk, I never used Plesk, I want to use it just for research purpose.

Back