• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fail2Ban logging

ulitre

New Pleskian
I am running Fail2Ban on several CentOS 6 containers with several active jails (apache-noscripts, plesk-apache etc.). The Fail2Ban.log provides the IP address which was banned; however, what I would like to see is which subscription the offender hit so that I can quickly open that specific subscription’s error_log and determine the activity associated with the banned IP address prior to the ban action. Is this possible (as it is not feasible to open 75+ error logs searching for a Banned IP address each time I would like to investigate further)?

Error logs for each subscription are being checked, so it seems there should be a way to have this information displayed in the fail2ban.log or elsewhere.
fail2ban.filter [1170]: INFO Added logfile = /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/logs/error_log

I have been looking for an answer to this for sometime. Any help is appreciated.

I am running Fail2Ban on CentOS 6.6 with several jails (apache-noscripts, plesk-apache etc.). The Fail2Ban checks the access and error logs for each subscription and successfully reports the IP Addresses which are being banned.

Is there a way to force reporting of the subscription being attacked by each offending IP address? I would like to be able to quickly identify which subscription was attacked by a specific IP to enable me to investigate that subscription's log files. Without this information I am forced to search individual subscription logs hoping to find the right log which is not feasible.

Back