• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Faild to connect to database: bad handshake

I

ICTConnection

Need some help, please

OS Windows 2003 server
Plesk 7.5

error: Faild to connect to database: bad handshake

In the admin panel when i try to alter settings: domain, hosting and clients i get the error listed above.

I suspect that the built in mysql client is corrupt, is it possible to update him.

i've started with pesk 7.02 and 7.03 on a windows 2000 server,
nothing but problems. the I reinstall the os to windows 2003 server + plesk 7.5. seem to run nice for 2 weeks and suddently problems appear. didn't make any changes, it started when i wanted to remove a domain.
if i know all this, i would have spend my money better.

Maybe there's someone who can help me.
tried to reinstall, but got the message that not everything would be uninstalled correctly. so i did't pass on.

thanks for your help.

Remember that Plesk 7.5.0 for Windows runs version 4.1.8 of MySQL.

The link below, might solve your problem, but I do not know why the problem started in the first place.

http://www.mysqlusers.com/msg/29114.html

This is a rather common error if you attempt to connect with a pre-MySQL 4.1.x client to a MySQL 4.1.x server.

But I'am using the plesk admin panel with the mysql server version that is shipped with plesk.

I get the error message when i'am using the admin panel.
I'am not using a different client.

Is the plesk admin panel also a mysql client ? or does it use PHP scripting !

The mysql function OLD_PASSWORD doesn't work.
When i use it, it writes the same password in algeritme to the mysql databse.

but the password's defined in the psa database are writen in common alfabet.

Can this cause the problem ?

:confused:

Back