• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Failed: Service: cloud-config.service, cloud-final.service, cloud-init-local.service, cloud-init.service

Daniel Pirker

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 Update #5
Hello everyone, since the last updates I have had the following error messages in the action logs for the services:

cloud-init.service
cloud-init-local.service
cloud-config.service
cloud-final.service

Unfortunately I can't find the error:

Execution status has failed with exit code 3, stdout: ● cloud-final.service - Execute cloud user/final scripts
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/cloud-final.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2024-06-17 06:58:49 CEST; 4min 24s ago
Process: 2660 ExecStart=/usr/bin/cloud-init modules --mode=final (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 2660 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Can anybody help me further?

Hi there, those services are part of your OS and are not used or managed by Plesk. They automate the initialization of cloud instances during system boot. The fact that these services failed does not impact any services, but indicate that the server was rebooted.

Some more info on how to troubleshoot issues with the cloud-init services can be found here.

Back