• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fantasico List

F

federal_reserve

This is what Fantasico is currenly offering in their package. If someone would take liberty and add them to the application vault, that would seriously rock the vault.

Blogs:
b2evolution (0.9.0.12) (website)
Nucleus (3.22) (website)
pMachine Free (2.3) (website)
WordPress (2.0.1) (website)

Portals/CMS:
Drupal (4.6.5) (website)
Geeklog (1.4.0sr1) (website)
Joomla! (1.0.7) (website)
Mambo Open Source (4.5.3h) (website)
PHP-Nuke (7.8) (website)
phpWCMS (1.1-RC4 Rev. A) (website)
phpWebSite (0.10.2) (website)
Post-Nuke (0.762) (visit site)
Siteframe (3.1.9) (website)
Typo3 (3.8.0) (website)
Xoops (2.0.13.1) (website)

Customer Support:
Crafty Syntax Live Help (2.12.7) (website)
Help Center Live (2.0.6) (website)
osTicket (1.3.1) (website)
PerlDesk (2.25) (Commercial, needs license) (website)
PHP Support Tickets (1.9) (website)
Support Logic Helpdesk (1.2) (website)
Support Services Manager (1.0b) (website)

Discussion Boards:
phpBB2 (2.0.19) (website)
SMF (1.0.5 [Patched-1]) (website)
YaBBSE (Disabled) (website)

E-Commerce:
CubeCart (3.0.8) (website)
OS Commerce (2.2 MS2 (051113)) (website)
Zen Cart (1.2.7d) (website)

FAQ:
FAQMasterFlex (1.1) (website)

Guestbooks:
ViPER Guestbook (1.2 FINAL) (website)

Hosting Billing:
AccountLab Plus (2.5 r1) (Commercial, needs license) (website)
phpCOIN (1.2.2 [Security-Patched-1]) (website)

Image Galleries:
4images Gallery (1.7.1) (website)
Coppermine Photo Gallery (1.4.2) (website)
Gallery (2.0.2) (website)

Mailing List:
PHPlist (2.10.2) (website)

Polls and Surveys:
Advanced Poll (2.03) (website)
phpESP (1.7.5) (website)
PHPSurveyor (0.99) (website)

Project Management:
PHProjekt (5.0) (website)
dotProject (2.0.1) (website)

Site Builders:
Soholaunch Pro Edition (4.8.5 r8) (Commercial, needs license) (website)
Templates Express (website)

Wiki:
PhpWiki (1.2.10) (website)
TikiWiki (1.9.2) (website)

Other Scripts:
Dew-NewPHPLinks (2.0.1.0b SEF w/Thumbshots) (website)
Moodle (1.5.2 [Patched-1]) (website)
Noah’s Classifieds (1.3) (website)
Open-Realty (2.1.5) (website)
phpAdsNew (2.0.7) (website)
PHPauction (2.1) (website)
phpFormGenerator (2.09c) (website)
WebCalendar (1.0.2) (website)

i doubt this will happen anytime.

I trully doubt this will happen any time soon.

at least not as an official Sw-Soft release. they will never put this much effort on the vault, its not a priority for them.

maybe a 3rd party company could "crazyly" think on doing this, but again that would mean a lot of work, and will not be releaced openly, probably for a price, and i bet not a low one.

Originally posted by eilko
you could try http://www.cpskins.com/psainstaller.php .They are not that expensive. The biggest problem is to keep all those programs up to date... I haven't seen anyone being able to do so.

$50 / $15 renew is not too much to ask. May look at it in the future when I have more clients.

Thanks for the link.

The worst thing that ever happened to Control Panel software was stuff like the Application Vault and Fantastico. I'm definitely not a fan of these applications... if the user isn't knowledgeable enough to install an application themselves, then they sure aren't knowledgeable enough to monitor the application for security updates and fixes.

These type of easy-installers breed laziness and ignorance and can cause gaping security holes for the whole server.

~Matt Simpson

That's all wrong.

Originally posted by matt.simpson
The worst thing that ever happened to Control Panel software was stuff like the Application Vault and Fantastico. I'm definitely not a fan of these applications... if the user isn't knowledgeable enough to install an application themselves, then they sure aren't knowledgeable enough to monitor the application for security updates and fixes.

These type of easy-installers breed laziness and ignorance and can cause gaping security holes for the whole server.

~Matt Simpson

I disagree. The extra value that Fantastico and Application Vault add is of very important significance to the simple user. When you survey a large segment of the Internet you find that most users are basic with no real technology skills to understand to setup these apps by themselves yet, find them in the first place amoung number of users.

You have to understand it's these idiots of technology that have the largest market share of domains and provide economic incentives to pillar companies like Plesk and Cpanel.

If you properly secure your server I can't see a problem with app vault. If you are going to be that anal about it you wouldn't allow php and mysql access because some rookie programmer making something from scratch could probably cause more harm then anything from the vault. Don't forget most of those apps in the vault are tried and tested and way past the alpha development stage.

Cpanel was nice when updates happened, it would email you and you'd just click a link and follow the upgrade instructions from the control panel. Maybe App Vault can do this to some day?

It's because of Open Source scripts that brings us to a new point in Internet History where we don't have to be looking at plain non dynamic 1990's web sites with blinking text and scrolling marquees.

And my last point is that a lot of these scripts have lead a lot of my customers into the technology to buy a php/mysql book and actually learn something.

Application Vaults are good things. Application vaults that are filled with old and insecure software that is updated very infrequently are bad things.

Case in point, look at how often they update the current software, it's pretty pathetic and the apps dont' update when new versions come out (like cPanel/Fantastico does).

So you increase the chances of a client installing insecure software by a huge factor and then pretty much gaurantee that the software will never be updated and remain insecure throughout the life of the hosting account.

this is why I said we won't be purchasing the Application Vault anymore, at least until this changes. I really like having the options there for clients, but I refuse to do it on their terms.

I don't wish this to sound sarchasitic, but I would hope that given this forum runs in vbulletin, it will be added to the vault in due course. If the boat is to be pushed out further, invision board as per ensim webpliance would be a very good start.

I do not believe that sw-soft would say its good enuff for the company but not the punters!

Back